CHID Independent Study

CHID 499 Undergraduate Independent Study or Research can be taken for 1-5 credits, with a maximum of ten CHID 499 credits counting towards your degree. It offers the opportunity for students who wish to pursue topics not available in regular course offerings to engage in supervised independent study. To register for CHID 499, students must do the following:

  • Identify a topic
  • Identify an on-campus faculty advisor
  • Complete the CHID Independent Study Form [add link] with your faculty advisor
  • Submit the completed CHID Independent Study Form (PDF) to the CHID advisor before the start of the quarter