DATE CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT: We have heard the call-to-action from Black Lives Matter Seattle-King County for a statewide silent protest and general strike on June 12, 2020, the original date of our planned graduation celebration. With that call, Department Chair Phillip Thurtle and the CHID staff have decided to postpone our virtual graduation celebration with students to Sunday, June 14 at 6 pm. CHID will stand in solidarity with Black Lives Matter.
2020 Virtual Graduation Celebration
For specific event details and zoom link, please visit the 2020 celebration's event page.
June 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM PST Event postponed to Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 6:00 PM PST
What to Expect: This will be a live virtual celebration to honor our 2020 graduating seniors. Together CHID students, faculty, staff, and guests will watch a pre-recorded ceremony that includes:
- Beginning reception to gather everyone before the ceremony begins
- Welcome Address from CHID's Faculty Chair, Professor Phillip Thurtle
- Alumni Address from 2016 Alum and CHID Alumni Board member, Karan Grewal
- Graduating Senior Address with Mira Petrillo
- Slideshow of our 2020 Graduates
- A recorded procession and celebration of our graduating seniors
- Closing musical number by CHID staff and alum: Dr. Nick Barr and Dr. Nara Hohensee
We look forward to this opportunity to celebrate and honor the inspiring Class of 2020!
- Interested in learning more about CHID alumni? Check out our alumni news feed!
- Don't want to lose touch? Stay connected with the CHID community!
- Did you know CHID has merchandise? Visit the CHID Store to purchase your own CHID clothing and accessories. All proceeds will be donated to the Friends of CHID Fund to help future chiddies!
- Help support the Comparative History of Ideas Department and their students by donating! Donations to the CHID program help our students study abroad, pursue their research, and attend conferences, as well as assist in program initiatives and ensure CHID’s ongoing development. We rely on the generosity of CHID friends and alumni to provide this support. We truly cannot do this without you!